Monday, July 21, 2008

Here's the Intro

Hi, I'm Phil, I'm 23 and I'll be starting college two weeks from now. (Though I've already completed two years of community college and recieved my AA I will still be concidered a Freshman at the school I'll be attending.)

This Friday will be my last day working for money and I currently have no plans to get a job during school. Though I'm not too worried about how to survive on limited savings and Sallie Mae loans. I have some good ideas, though - things I've put into practice this past couple years of being a single working adult - on how to stretch a twenty-dollar bill and just saving money in general.

I've never had my own blog before outside of facebook and I thought it would be fun to make one to share some of my humorous-yet-informative tips on penny pinching while still enjoying the best things in life. Maybe we can get some good discussion and I can learn a thing or two from down-and-out college students living off milk money or young families trying to make car payments while working for tips at Applebees.

I tend to write very protracted emails and posts so I will attempt to stick to short themes in my posts to leave room for good discussion. You don't have to be a member to post so leave funny stories, quirky habits (bad or good), and good money saving ideas. That's all for now.

No comments: